Thursday, January 15, 2009

Double Cheeseburger vs. McDouble


Before the New Year I was visiting one of my favorite fast food stops, McDonalds. When I go to McDonalds, I usually enjoy the Double Cheeseburger, Fries, and Sweet Tea. These items are usually found on the infamous Dollar Menu.

As I was waiting in line I was perusing the Dollar Menu looking for my unhealthy but oh so delicious treat, but I struck out. No Double Cheeseburger on the Dollar Menu. However, I do see some kind of hybrid cheesburger titled the McDouble. What the "H" is a McDouble? I asked the person on the other end of the speaker what a McDouble was and she responded by saying: "A McDouble is the same as a Double Cheeseburger, but it only has one slice of cheese instead of two slices of cheese."

Really? How lame is this? I ordered the McDouble and did enjoy the tasty treat, but come on.... To back-track a litte, I wrote this post today because I came across an article on the Double Cheeseburger removal from the Dollar Menu and its new fun replacement the McDouble. The Double Cheesburger is now $1.19 instead of a buck. Seriously, $.19/slice of cheese and a removal from the Dollar Menu.

Do I order the Double Cheeseburger at its new full price or do I stick to the Dollar Menu and go with the McDouble. Of course, I go with the McDouble. One piece of McCheese might be better than two pieces of McCheese. I guess McDonalds thinks people like me who bought the Double Cheeseburger for a buck will pony up and pay the extra pennies. Sooner or later they will be charging for extra napkins and ketchup.

That's just my one hundred cents!

2 comments:

  1. That's SO lame. I heard they were going to do that, but I thought it was just a stupid rumor. If they're going to charge 19 cents for a slice of cheese, it better be the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha and now in 2016 the double cheeseburger is 1.79

    ReplyDelete