Monday, January 19, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix is a Rapper


Joaquin Phoenix is a rapper, say what? That is the first thing that came across my mind as I watched this video. I knew that J-Pheezy, as I will now refer to him as, was thinking about a career in music when he surprisingly announced his retirement from acting. I did not think that it would be a jump into the world of hip-hop. J-Pheezy did a great job of learning and playing the songs of the late great Johnny Cash in "Walk The Line" and a transition into that style of music is what I was expecting, not hip-hop.

I know that the video is not of the best quality and you can't hear the lyrics that well, but I doubt they are good anyways. To make this even funnier and more lame is what J-Pheezy now looks like.

To me the hip-hop J-Pheezy kind of looks like Will Ferrell in the "Cowbell Video" and Tom Hanks from "Castaway". I would like to see J-Pheezy go a little more hardcore. Maybe a grill, some dreads, NFL Throwback Jersey, and a tattoo. You know, really embrace his inner hip-hop. But for now, this is the new Joaquin Phoenix.


No comments:

Post a Comment