Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Square Root Days are LAME


I was decent in Math while in school, but I never advanced above Algebra III Trig. As I was browsing around this morning, I noticed a little post on the side of a website saying today was Square Root Day. What in the world is square root day? I did a little Googling and I found my answer. Square root day is a goofy little holiday celebrated on dates where the day and the month are both the square root of the last two digits in the current year. An example of these would be: Today's Date. March 3rd, 2009 or 3.3.09. The next square root day will occur on April 4th, 2016 or 4.4.16. The last square root day of the century will take place on September 9th, 2081 or 9.9.81. I admire the intelligence of a person who started noticing these dates, but I think it's a little exaggerated. However, I could see the Big Bang Theory doing an episode on these dates, which wouldn't be LAME because that show rocks!

Finding Math Equations in Dates is LAME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment